Article posted on October 9, 2018
October 16th-World Restart a Heart Day
The world comes together to celebrate World Restart a Heart Day on October 16th 2018! This is an excellent opportunity to highlight the importance of bystander CPR and AED use.
In partnership with the Heart&Stroke Foundation we invite you to take part in this global campaign!
Join everyone in sharing this important message:
Anyone can do CPR and use an AED, and if it’s done within the first couple minutes of a cardiac arrest the patient’s chance of survival is more than double!
This is how you can be a part of this global initiative:
- Educate yourself and others about this campaign at: http://www.ilcor.org/wrah/
- Check out Heart&Stroke Foundations quick facts that are listed below
- Use the #WorldRestartAHeart Social Media Toolkit on your social media platform at http://www.ilcor.org/wrah/materials/#Canada (available Oct 9th)
- Create ways to raise awareness in your own ways
- Mark your calendar for next year - October 16th, 2019!
With your support as well as many others, you will be part of a worldwide initiative to increase bystander CPR/AED rates
Facts about Cardiac Arrest
- Every 13 minutes another person has a cardiac arrest in Canada
- After 10 minutes, there is virtually no chance of survival unless someone helps
- Providing CPR and using an AED within the first couple of minutes of a cardiac arrest can possibly double or triple the person’s survival rate
This information was retrieved from Heart&Stroke Canada
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 09, 2018